Post-Colonial Feminism in Literature!
Tonight we had an event celebrating and sharing works written by women of color. Some amazing passages were shared, so here is a list of all that were read so they can be further explored and appreciated!
- An American Brat by Bapsi Sidhwa
- The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
- “The Forced Departure” by Eileen Tabios
- “Why I Write” by Laura Harris
- “Uses of the Erotic: the Erotic as Power” by Audre Lorde (read out loud by Lorde here)
- “Palanquin Bearers” and “The Queen’s Rival” from The Golden Threshold by Sarojini Naidu
- “Conversations about home (at a deportation centre)” by Warsan Shire (read out loud by Shire here)
- “Mrs. Darwin” by Carol Ann Duffy
- “Girl” by Jamaica Kincaid